On Becoming a Girls Gone Sporty Ambassador

Monday, February 23, 2015

Happy Monday morning! Hope you had a relaxing weekend. Ours went fast and was filled with errands and random chores. T-minus 4-ish weeks until Declan makes his appearance so we're just trying to fit in as much time as we can as a family of 3 and mentally prepare for our new love bug.

Anyway, I wanted to share some exciting news. I have been accepted as an ambassador with Girls Gone Sporty!



I'm very excited about this ambassadorship opportunity. One of the main reasons I started blogging was to share my passion for health, fitness, and overall wellness with likeminded women (and men!) and hopefully inspire others in the process. Blogging and social media has proven to be an amazing (obviously) way to connect with a network of people who share this passion. It affords many of us the opportunity to share our expertise and personal experience with a huge network of individuals and hopefully change some lives in the process.

While I'm passionate about breaking down barriers between the men vs. women debate in fitness and sports, I also feel like there is still a huge opportunity to empower women with knowledge, skills, and community to bust misconceptions about women's participation in sports or how they approach fitness. I also think it remains very relevant to use discussions regarding health and fitness to promote positive body image and self esteem issues in women. For the record, men aren't exempt. As a mother of (soon to be two) boys, I plan on setting the same type of example for them as I would hope to set for daughters. Positive body image, the importance of living a healthy active lifestyle, challenging yourself physically and mentally, and respecting others for their capabilities and differences both physically and mentally.

I'm excited to become an ambassador with Girls Gone Sporty since this affords me an amazing opportunity to network with other bloggers and individuals who embrace these values. The ability to contribute to this conversation is so energizing to me. I'm not only excited to share but to learn.

Here's a little more about the mission of Girls Gone Sporty:
"Girls Gone Sporty is an online editorial magazine and a social community for women dedicated to living and leading sporty lives. In addition to providing cutting-edge content, we’re committed to creating a support system for women who are striving to be their best selves."

"What is the “sporty life”? It’s more than just fitness and nutrition; it’s an attitude that’s focused on embracing fun and adventure. The sporty woman says, “I can do anything I put my mind to, I just need the resources to do it.” That’s where GirlsGoneSporty comes in. Owned and operated by Laura Williams, a self-proclaimed "sporty girl" and her husband Lance Williams (an equally sporty guy), GirlsGoneSporty is dedicated to sharing the top products, trends and ideas for advancing the fit and adventurous lifestyle."

I'd love to invite you over to visit the Girls Gone Sporty website and follow the GGS social media channels:
You'll discover great blogs and have loads of resources for workouts, recipes, and new fitness experiences. Become part of the conversation and keep checking back here at The First Rep to follow along with me as I navigate a healthy lifestyle. Please give me a follow on my other social media channels found above to stay in the conversation. I'd love to connect with you!


1 comment:

 
site design by designer blogs