Friday Favorites

Friday, February 27, 2015

Happy Friday!

I am officially on maternity leave. No, I have not had the baby yet...technically t-minus 3 weeks. The time came to officially slow down. I've had some symptoms that make it too difficult to be running around a hospital all day and I think I am very legitimately on the verge of exhaustion. I have NOT been sleeping. When I am able to sleep it's for brief stretches and uncomfortably. I keep reminding myself I'm not exactly going to be getting a whole lot of sleep in the coming months. The difference is, when I'm comfortable and not dealing with heartburn, back pain, and needing to pee every 9 seconds, I can get better quality sleep even if just for 2-3 hour stretches. I'm almost looking forward to the sleeplessness WITH baby than without.

Anyway, I'm not feeling too hot today so sent the kiddo to daycare and laying low at home. Of course, I barely slept last night so just cat napping and trying to pre-write a few blog posts. I'd like to try to keep up with the blog a few times per week when baby comes so I'm brainstorming ideas and jotting a few notes and getting some posts started to make it easier.

I also decided to hop on the "friday favorites" bandwagon. I follow quite a few blogs and I always look forward to these posts. It's fun to discover something new...seriously, bloggers will post reviews, experiences, and links to products, other blogs, workouts, recipes, travel destinations, you name it. I always discover something cool so why not contribute to the movement!



Rodan & Fields Skin Care: 
I have a handful of women in my network that rep the Rodan & Fields skin care line. I'd never really considered the need for a more clinical skin care regimen but after awhile I couldn't ignore the Facebook posts and results being shared. Not too long ago I looked in the mirror and I looked...tired. I self admittedly get too much sun and after turning the big 3-0 I couldn't ignore little lines and dullness that were becoming more obvious. My friend Alexa started repping the line so I figured the time was right to try the product and support her! She sent me link to their online skin questionnaire where you are guided through a series of questions regarding your skin type, problem areas, etc. Based on the results they recommend the product line that would best serve your skin care needs. I won't go into the details of each line here but my results revealed that I would benefit from the Reverse Regimen with the AMP MD Roller. To find out the best regimen for you, head over to my Alexa's Rodan & Fields business page to get started.


The regimen consists of 3-4 steps. I love the fresh, clean smell of the product too. Twice per day, morning and evening, I use the Deep Exfoliating Wash, Intensive Brightening Toner, and the Dual Action Brightening Complex (for this step, you mix a pea size amount of the retinol and vitamin C complex creams and apply). In the morning, I use the Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Sunscreen and at night I use the Redefine Multi-Function Eye Cream. 2-3 times per week I use the AMP MD Roller at night.  I typically HATE face lotion with sunscreen even though I know it's a must but this product is AMAZING. Doesn't leave a pore-clogging greasy feel and melts right into your skin.

Verdict. I LOVE it. My skin has never looked better. And you are just going to have to take my word for it because I'm HORRIBLE at remembering to do all those before and after photos. After just 3-4 weeks, my skins texture has improved, my freckles have lightened some, and my skin looks brighter. The real bench mark was being able to use the BareMinerals foundation that's been sitting in my makeup kit unused. It never provided enough coverage but after I felt like I started seeing results with my new skin care, I decided to give it a try and it looks flawless. I've even ventured out of the house without make up on. I'd like to think I'm not that vain but my skin always looked a little blotchy and uneven so I always felt a little more confident with some concealer and/or foundation. Now I can wear nothing, or just hide a few trouble spots with concealer. I still like to wear make-up but now I can wear a lot less and get better results from different products too. As an aside, the AMP MD roller is really cool. It uses the concept of micro-needling. I won't go into that here, but check out this video to learn more:


It doesn't hurt...feels a little funny, but I swear it's enhanced my results. I also received a free Redefine Multi-Function Eye Cream as it was a promotion when I purchased my kit. Love it. I use it at night and it's really helped my tired eyes.

I'll leave you with my only con. Price. I'm typically not afraid of a splurge...I probably spend more than I should on most things, but I cringe a little at the $175 price tag for the whole regimen. For the record, it lasts approximately 3 months. I just received my second shipment and I probably still have about another month left of current product so I'll be delaying my next shipment until the beginning of the summer...a little product does go a long way, but still. We are looking to really examine our budget as I'm no longer working full time and splurges like this may need to go, no matter how great it's making my skin look! For the record, I signed up for the PC Perks program for a one time fee of $19.95. Enrollment gives you 10% off all products, free shipping, and access to special customer promotions.

Wow, that got long. Here's two other brief Friday Favs.

Busting Fitness Myths: 
The other day, Laura queried the ambassadors in our Girls Gone Sporty Facebook group to chime in on exercise myths that just won't die. I offered that I'm tired of hearing myths surrounding exercise and pregnancy. While prenatal fitness is a special situation and should be planned and executed in conjunction with your physician, most healthy, non-high risk, pregnant women can and should safely engage in exercise with modifications. There are SO MANY benefits and Laura did a great job summarizing this and many other myths. Check it out: Girls Gone Sporty Article: 18 Annoying Fitness Myths that Just Won't Die 

Oreos:
What do you want from me. I'm irritable. And pregnant. #notcleaneating #justafew #akathewholepackage? #idontcare #delish.



What are you loving on this fabulous Friday? Any cool finds lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs