Zesty Fish Taco's with Lime Slaw

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Hi all! Hope everyone is having a great week. I'm still enjoying maternity leave and getting lots of cuddles with Declan. I was looking ahead at the calendar and realized that in not too many more weeks I'll be back to being busier! Next weekend I return to teaching my classes at the gym (can't wait!) and then come May I'll be adding a few more to the schedule. More updates to come on those specifics once my gym officially releases the schedule. Also, as of June 1st, I'll return to my work as an SLP. My schedule will be sort of varied and random due to the nature of PRN work but I'm looking forward to the change! I'll just need to stay a little more organized since I won't be working set days or a set schedule.

On that note, I am one day into my challenge to scale back on social media. Last night was so nice. I got a few chores done, got some time to play with Connor, and just generally enjoyed being "unplugged". I'm not giving it up completely since I use social media for blogging related activities and to stay in touch with some friends via messaging but I just need this break and can already tell I'm happy to scale way back on being constantly "tuned in". I'll still be publishing my posts to FB since many of you read to which I say, thank you! I love sharing what I'm passionate about on this blog and if you find something useful or can relate to something I discuss that means so much. I realized I've been droning on a little about me me me on this blog. I want this space to be useful to you as well! While it's nice to know what makes a person tick sometimes, my intention IS to share fitness info, ideas, as well as recipes...you name it.

So, in the interest of something you may find useful, and delicious, I want to share our new favorite fish taco recipe. This is STUPID simple to prepare and delicious....not to mention a fairly clean eating option...ok ok so it uses taco seasoning and a bottled dressing...this busy momma needs to cut a FEW corners here and there mmmkay?



Frozen tilapia fillets thawed
1 package of dry taco seasoning
Lime vinegrette dressing (I use Newman's own)
1 package cole slaw mix
Small tortillas for soft tacos

Garnishes if you choose: hot sauce, light sour cream, guacamole, diced tomato, etc.

Coat defrosted tilapia fillets with taco seasoning. Bake fish. When done, flake into bite size pieces.
In a bowl, lightly coat slaw with lime dressing and season with a dash of sea salt and pepper if desired. Heat tacos and top with fish and slaw and other garnishes as desired.

I LOVE these served with only a light smear of light sour cream and homemade guac and a few dashes of hot sauce. To make the guacamole I mash 3 avocados with the juice of one lime, a few teaspoons of fresh or dried cilantro, and garlic salt and black pepper to taste.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsey! I always love your meal plans and recipes :)

      Delete
  2. I love stupid easy dishes and these tacos sound SO good!!! Definitely putting on our meal plan for next week.

    Jen@jpabstfitness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! Hope you enjoy them! They are really good...I need to put them on our menu again soon :)

      Delete

 
site design by designer blogs